Sanaabil Learning Service offers Summer program for its students. On the summer of 2017, the students were taught tawheed, tajweed and tahara. Please click the tawheed or the tahara topics for more information on the specific topics taught each week.
- Tahara is purification, opposite of najasa.
- Najasa is impurification, opposite of najasa.
- Tahara is related to salah.
- Tahir means pure thing.
- Types of najasa:
- Dog and Pig, whatever they produce.
- The main worship that needs tahara is salat, however there are many other worships that need tahara reading quran, hajj, umrah, and itikaf.
- The prophet(saw) was walking with his companions and then they walked by two graves. The prophet(saw) told them that one of the two people in the graves will be punished because he didnt’t wash his urine and the other would be punished because he used to make people fight.
- Water is the #1 tool to perform tahara.
Types of water are:
- Rain water
- Ocean water
- River water
- Well water
- Spring water
- Snow water
- Humidity water
- Al hadath alakbar -> Make ghusl
- Al hadath alasghar -> Make wudu
- Istinja means cleaning your own najasa, no smell, no color.
- Tahara ayneyah is najasa you can see and remove.
- Tahara hisseyah is making wudu to get redy for salah.
4 types of water:
- Pure water that can purify other things and is recommended.
- Pure water than can purify but is not recommended. It can cause disease.
- Pure water that cannot purify. It has been used.
- Najasa water.
All animal skins can be purified through a process called dibaagh except the skins of pigs and dogs.
- Using human hand or bread for removing najasa is bad.
- Anything to be used for istinjaa must be dry.
- It’s impermissible to use gold and silver containers.
- Istijmar is removing your own najasa without water.
- There are qualities for the things that remove najasa.
- Imam Shafii said you must present your intention at the moment you want to start salah and must present your intention at the moment you make wudu.
- Imam shafii said wiping part of your head is enough for wudu. Other scholars said you must wash your whole head.
Obligations of Wudu:
- Washing face
- Washing both arms (including hands) passed the elbows
- Wiping your head
- Washing both feet pust the ankles.
- The order
What breaks wudu:
- Whatever comes from the two paths
- Sleeping without conscious
- Being unconscious
- Touching a woman’s skin without isolation
- Touching private parts
Sunan of Wudu
- Saying bismillah
- Washing your hands before you put them in the bucket, or washing your hands
- Rinsing your mouth thoroughly
- Putting water in your nose and out.
- When there is no water for wudu you can make tayammum using sand or something else that is tahir
Obligations of Tayammum
- You have to have intention
- Wipe your face
- Wipe your hands
- Doing everything in order
Sunan of Tayammum
- Saying Bismillah
- Begin with right hand
- Do steps consistently right after each other
Showering is important part of Islam
- It’s important to shower on Fridays because we will be in a big gathering.
- Eid shower is sunnah
- A person who converts to Islam must take a shower before converting to Islam
- During solar or lunar eclipses muslim people gather and pray two rakahs
Shuroot Al Salah
- To be Muslim
- Reach age of puberty
Arkaan Al Salah
- Standing up for Salah
- Takbeerat Al Ihram
- Rukoo and tranquility in it
- Sujood and tranquility in it
- Sitting between the two sajdahs
- The last sitting and tashahud in it
- Salah on the prophet
- The first Salam
- Intention of leaving salah in the first salaam
- The order
Sunan Al Salah
- Al Athan
- Al Iqama
- Reading a surah after fatiha
- Takbeerat al iharaam with rukoo, samiaAllah, sujood and tashahud
- Altashahud AlAwwal
- Men must cover belly button to knees
- Women must cover everything except face and wrist
- You don’t have to face the qiblah when travelling
- The word tawheed comes from waahid, waahid means one.
- Examples of evidences are the prophets of Allah and his books.
- Tawheed means learning the qualities of Allah.
- The Quran tells us to use our senses such as sight, hearing, and thought as well as ask questions.
- Atheist people believe in and follow their own desires.
- Allah gave us lots of evidence such as the days and nights.
- Allah does not need our worship.
- Worship has many faces, some big, others small.
- There is a natural fear and unnatural fear.
- Shaving your head is a form of worship.
- Humans always look for someone to worship.
- Humans created idols.
- Allah is not born and does not die.
- Every creation has a beginning and an end.
- Allah will never vanish or be destroyed
- Allah is the only one with no partners.
- No one matches or is equal to him.
- In every quality of Allah there is evidence.
- Allah has his own qualities.
- Allah can hear everything.
- Humans hearing is not the same as Allah’s.
- Allah is unique, he is unlike anything else.
- We cannot imagine how Allah does something.
- Sacrifice is a face of worship.
- Some things may seem cultural, however these actions have a face of worship not know to most.
- Many people worship the devil for fear of being harmed by him, however Islam teaches that the Isti’aatha is enough.
- Allah is the one who truly harms and benefits.
- Belief in Zodiac Signs = Shirk
- Allah is unique
- Surah Al Ikhlas is Allah’s introduction to everyone. It’s a very important surah that teaches humans that Allah is not like them.
- Allah gives orders such as pray and only ask me.
- Ask Allah but also take the means to achieve what you want.
- Do not put your imagination in Allah’s qualities.
- Allah tells us doing bad makes shaytaan your best friend.
- Allah is the Rab and his qualities do not equal no one.
- There are names and qualities that are only for Allah.
- Shirk means associating partners with Allah.
- Ancient Romans believe other things cause rain, if you believe that anything other than Allah causes rain then you have committed shirk.
- A fake god that people believe but do not talk about is money.
- Allah taught Adam thing on earth and made him his representative.
- Allah is the only one that cures. If you believe that money or a doctor can cure you, you are committing shirk.
- If you believe Allah is sitting with you in the car, you have put Allah in the form of a human body.
- Allah is watching and listening all the time.
- The ancient people used to carry their gods in their backpacks.
- Allah told us in the Quran that all creation are the same.
- Humans are the only creation that do not obey Allah well.
- Everything that’s around us obey Allah.